– Frequently asked questions–
Want to learn more? Click below to reveal the answer!
+ 24-48HR AFTERCARE
- After Electrolysis your pores in the area treated will be open and more susceptible to bacteria. To avoid or minimize breakouts use a gentle non abrasive cleanser on the area treated, pat dry and apply a thin layer of Bacitracin or neosporin .
- We recommend Action De Gala - Hydaplus and YI-Zhibaume.
+ BETWEEN ELECTROLYSIS SESSIONS
- After you have begun your Electrolysis treatment do not puck, tweeze or wax the area being treated. These methods of temporary hair removal will undo the work that had been done and may stimulate more hair growth.
- Cutting or shaving the hairs are the only acceptable methods to trim the hair in-between appointments.
+ QUICKER RESULTS
- The best way to achieve permanent hair removal is by coming frequently for electrolysis treatments.
- The further apart the the sessions, the less effective and more time it will take to remove the unwanted hair permanently.
- Avoid caffeine 24 hrs before you appointment it can make you more sensitive than usual.
+ DOES ELECTROLYSIS HURT?
- Most people describe it as a slight warming sensation, and is very tolerable. Different parts of the body have different number of nerve endings. Some areas might be a bit more sensitive than others.
- Electrolysis has been around for well over 100 years. Limoges Beauty uses the latest technology and special techniques to minimize the sensation.
+ Electrolysis Time Line
- Did you know Electrolysis works best when treatments are done a regular basis?
- Electrolysis requires the same hair to be treated several times before it is gone permanently. It takes an average of 18 months of electrolysis treatments for hair to permanently die.
+ EXFOLIATION AND ELECTROLYSIS
- When receiving electrolysis treatments it is important to exfoliate the area between treatments. Exfoliating the area once or twice a week will allow the new, weaker hair, to penetrate the skin more easily. This simple process can help prevent ingrown hairs.
+ HYDRATION + ELECTROLYSIS + MOISTURIZING
- Keeping your skin and hair hydrated and moisturized makes the electrolysis treatments more comfortable.
- The hair is able to slide out of the follicle with ease. Drink plenty of water and moisturize the area being treated frequently between sessions.
+ What is the cancellation/rescheduling policy?
- We require credit card information when scheduling an appointment. If you do not show up, cancel, or reschedule within 24 hours of your appointment we will charge the cost of your electrolysis appointment or $50 for injectable and skin treatment appointments. This is due to the respect of all clients and technicians and their time, as unpaid missed appointments can cause price increases.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment. All electrolysis appointments are based on time. If you are more than 10 minutes late we reseve the right to reschedule the appointment and charge for the missed appointment. This for the respect of our clients time and schedules. By booking an appointment online, email, or over the phone you agree to these terms and conditions.
- We do offer text and email confirmations for client convenvience. However the client is utimately responsible for the appointment whether or not the client receives the confirmations.
+ Do you take Insurance/Care Credit?
- Unfortunately, we do not accept any insurance or Care Credit at Limoges Beauty; however, we are happy to develop an overall aesthetic journey plan that fits your time and budget.
+ Can I bring a friend?
- Yes! We love when people bring company.